ByAnnie Pattern - Carrying Strap and Pad
Use this pattern to make an adjustable, detachable carrying strap for any bag.
Slide a pad made of quilted fabric onto the strap for comfortable carrying over the shoulder.
Use the attached wide-mouth slider to adjust the strap’s length. Then clip the strap to your bag using the attached swivel hooks and you’re ready to go!
The pattern includes instructions to make straps that measure 1” or 1½” wide and have a total finished length (including hardware) of approximately 58”.
The Carrying Strap and Pad pattern is a perfect way to learn some of the basic techniques used in many ByAnnie patterns. As you make this sturdy strap, you will learn how to:
- Create sturdy fabric handles and straps
- Turn fabric tubes quickly and easily
- Insert strapping into the fabric tubes
- Attach hardware to make an adjustable, detachable strap
- Make custom bias binding
- Bind the edges of the pad